On Wednesday, May 28, 2003, at 01:39 AM, Mauricio FernŠŌdez wrote:

> [snip]

> So if anything, the first step would be creating a Set class. Set
> objects could be hinted on creation whether to use internally a
> sorted array, a hash ( object => true ), etc, depending on the desired
> complexity and space/time trade-off.
>
> [snip]

Ruby 1.8p2 has a Set class. There is a 'sort' instance method. Some
preliminary documentation can be found at:

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ProgrammingRubyTwo/Set

There is also a new 'to_set' method that set.rb adds to Enumerable.

I am very happy that this has been added and hope to see relations
added as well.

Regards,

Mark