On Wednesday, 28 May 2003 at 14:31:49 +0900, james_b / neurogami.com wrote:
> > Another comment is that I don't like "examples" in pluralis but "test" in
> > singularis; I tend to use "tests". However, most of the others are
> > singularis I guess... ;)
> >

> Well, "test" can be a  verb, too, though  suspect the use here is
> as a noun.  Seems, though, that if you have more than one of

  Yes, I think of it as the 'test' directory where 'tests' go. :)

> something it should be plural.  Seeing a directory named 'example'
> leads me to think there will be *one* example, and if there are
> multiple files then they are all part of the same example.

  I agree, but I'm not sure I am correct. I can't say why I am
  comfortable with 'test' as singular and 'examples' as plural,
  even though they are not parallel.  Probably because I DON'T
  think of it as the 'example' directory where 'examples' go. :)

 How do you feel about pluralism in the other dirs?

  bin/    => bins/
  lib/    => libs/
  doc/    => docs/
  contrib => contribs/

 or are these ok without the 's' suffix since they are abbreviations?

--
Jim Freeze