In article <20030527080423.GB26052 / aiss.de>,
Christian von Mueffling  <cvm / aiss.de> wrote:
>Hi!
>
>On Tue, May 27, 2003 at 04:24:46PM +0900, Phil Tomson wrote:
>
>> There's an example in the Pickaxe of using scrollbars with with a
>> TkListbox, but I need a scrolling TkCanvas and it doesn't seem to work
>> quite the same.  Specifically, I can't seem to get the size of the
>> scrollbar to change based the range of the canvase (I'm using scale to
>> zoom in and out).
>>
>> Does anyone have any example code which does this sort of thing
>> which they could share?
>
>Theres a nice Tk FAQ/Howto:
>
>http://httpd.chello.nl/k.vangelder/ruby/learntk/scrollbars.html

Thanks.  I tool a look at their example, but my situation is a bit
different, I think, but maybe someone can explain the difference:

In the Tutorial example they start out with a Canvas which has fixed
dimensions:

canvas = TkCanvas.new(root, 'width'=>320, 'height'=>200).pack('fill'=>'both',
                      'expand'=>true)

In my case, I don't specify a width since I want the width to adjust as
the window is expanded.  So I do:

    @canvas = TkCanvas.new(@frame)
    @canvas.configure  'height'=> 20
    @canvas.pack('side'=>'left', 'fill'=>'x', 'expand'=> true)