HI,

In message "Re: Problem compiling extension on Solaris"
    on 03/05/27, nobu.nokada / softhome.net <nobu.nokada / softhome.net> writes:

|> How can I stop -dn option?  I want to make shared library, no static
|> linking sought.  Could you ask your Solaris guru nearby?
|
|Seems to need -shared option, according to [ruby-talk:72134].

Hmm, I don't know how to fix this.  According to configure.in,

  case "$target_os" in
	solaris*) 	if test "$GCC" = yes; then
			   LDSHARED='$(CC) -Wl,-G'
			   if test "$rb_cv_prog_gnu_ld" = yes; then
	 		       LDFLAGS="-Wl,-E"
			       LDSHARED="$LDSHARED -shared"
			   fi
			else
			   LDSHARED='ld -G'
			fi
			rb_cv_dlopen=yes;;
   esac

so that if he was using GNU ld, link line should be

  gcc -V 3.3 -Wl,-G -shared -L/usr/local/lib

but it wasn't.  It seemed that configure failed to detect GNU ld,
right?  Probably we need to fix RUBY_PROG_GNU_LD macro.

Tim, could you show us how did you run configure script?

							matz.