"Dave Thomas" <dave / pragprog.com> wrote in message
news:3ED24D67.9060300 / pragprog.com...
> MikkelFJ wrote:

> > Perhaps this is an excercise for a new kata?
>
> Or for the original one... :)
>
> http://pragprog.com/pragdave/Practices/CodeKata

This is why you should hang out in comp.lang.ruby, never mind the language,
but I've yet to find a place where references to interesting technology
spreads faster.

I'd have to get back on the bit counting thing, guess I must read the
article.
Are you aware that there are efficient boolean operations for counting bits.
They are anything but intuitive, but someone figured out the instruction
sequences and listed them on the internet somewhere that has slipped me
momentarily. (Something like cryptic like (0xaeaeaeae and myword) or
0x121212121 ....).

Mikkel