"Pete McBreen, McBreen.Consulting" <mcbreenp / cadvision.com> wrote in message
news:pBuZ5.205575$76.4390889 / news1.rdc1.ab.home.com...

> But is it still Smalltalk?
>
> I remember Bertrand Meyer saying something to the effect that in order
> to make Eiffel.NET work ISE had to make some minor changes to Eiffel, so
> in effect Eiffel.NET is a dialect/variant of Eiffel.

ObjectArts (the guys behind Dolphin Smalltalk) have talked about suspending
work on their own back end in favour of the .NET platform.  Being as Dolphin
is solely a Windows product, this would let them concentrate on the other
stuff.  Still Smalltalk though.  Mind you, aren't all commercial Smalltalks
already dialects?

Giles