On Sat, 24 May 2003, Mauricio [iso-8859-1] FernŠŌdez wrote:

> On Sat, May 24, 2003 at 01:19:58PM +0900, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> > PS - What does this line mean?? I don't
> > see that it's syntactically correct.
> >
> > >   | ~ > ruby -e 'p % ^) .intern'
>
> :^)

i stole the ')'.intern from hal - love it.

> Spaces can work as a string delimiter, too.
> See [ruby-talk:70206] and surroundings.
>
> BTW, I still believe spaces are no good as delimiters. For it allows
> one to do "perfect" obfuscation.

ruby is so nice to read and this used to bother me, now it think it makes
things interesting - like all the secret things in video games (what the heck
do you call them).  besides, we already have a language which does not allow
obfuscation - java

System.out.println ...

yuck.

i love

p x

it's great on my carpal tunnel.  ruby has the *perfect* blend of readability
vs. conciseness IMHO.  all other languages swing too far the to one side of
the scale, well most anyhow...

> e.g., what is the output of the following? (warning, if you want to run
> it be sure you copy it byte per byte :-)
>
> p :A; a = %	; puts "Hello, world!"
> p :B; a = %     ; puts "Hello, world!"
>
> :A
> Hello, world!