What I thought about e-commerce is as follow:
1. it has a cataloging mechanism(w/RDBMS or OOBMS
    interface)
2. AAA - Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting
    mechanism
3. Encryption/SSL capability
4. Interfacing with the major credit-card and/or payment
        system
5. and other requirement I'm sure I missed and its important as well.

Perhaps we can find each item above individually but not yet integrated as
Ruby package.

I'd love to see some basic working skeleton/foundation examples that we all
can learn and improve it over time. Perhaps RAA would take charge and build
some mini-standard for e-commerce functionality using Ruby.

Thanks

PS: Please excuse my english.

news:1e1601c32168$647dfe80$0300a8c0 / austin.rr.com...