"Simon Strandgaard" <0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:pan.2003.05.19.14.52.10.80042 / sneakemail.com...
> On Mon, 19 May 2003 16:40:51 +0200, Robert Klemme wrote:
> >> If it works the output should be similar to this.
> >
> > Unfortunately not: it hangs in the first test "test_fork".
>
> hmm. I don't know what it takes to make it work on windows.
> I think I saw something about 'mkfifo' but im not sure ?

I don't know because I'm not familiar with Windows API programming.  The
statement was that you can't multiplex on a pipe on win.  Maybe one needs
to create a named pipe or worse (i.e. socket).

> > A question along the way: Why did you introduce a singleton class for
> > redirection?  Why don't you create an instance of a SandBox which
receives
> > the redirecting streams and uses them when system is invoked?  To me
it
> > seems that a singleton is not in order because one might want to do
> > different redirections.
>
> make it work, make it right, make it fast
> Right now im in the quick'n'dirty make $stdin work mode.

Ah, I see!

> This is a great suggestion.. I will add it to the todo list... thanks!

You're welcome!

Kind regards

    robert