Brian Candler wrote:

> The Zaurus has a Ruby port; somebody posted the URL a few weeks back.
> Search on "zaurus" at http://www.ruby-talk.org/

... and it works fine on at least one of the new models.  One of my colleagues here bought one and the first thing I badgered him to do was install Ruby :-).

It's a very nice machine, particularly the display.  However, I'm unconvinced about the keyboard.  I think I'd end hacking on a "real" machine and just running the apps (written in Ruby, of course!) on the little fellow.  In which case, I'd prefer the same form factor as the older Zaurus-es (ie, pull-down keyboard), just with the higher res display.