Hi,

I want to write a timestamp to a file, then read it in, and get a time
object again.

I've useusally done this with something like, epoch times

a Time.now
file.puts a.epoch

f = file.read
b = mktime(f)

but I can't seem to find a native way of doing this.

is there?

db

--
May 16 	First report on SNOBOL distributed (within BTL), 1963
May 17 	24" rain in 11 hours, Pearl River, S. China, 1982
May 17 	Six SLA members killed in televised gun fight, 1974
May 18 	Battle of Las Piedras in Uruguay
May 18 	Napoleon crowned Emperor, 1804
May 16 	Discovery Day in Cayman Islands
May 17 	Constitution Day in Nauru and Norway
May 18 	Flag Day in Haiti
May 18 	Prayer Day in Denmark
May 18 	Rick Wakeman is born in West London, England, 1949
May 17*	Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday of May)
May 16*	Omer 49th day
May 17*	Erev Shavout
May 18*	Shavuot (Festival of Weeks; 50 days after Pesach)
May 18*	Yizkor