Hi! ?I'm extremely new to Ruby. ?I come mainly from a Perl background, with
about a zillion other languages thrown in. ?:) ?I bought "Programming Ruby"
(excellent book, so far) and am working my way through it.

I am attempting to send an email via SMTP. ?I am doing the following code:

require 'net/smtp'
smtp = Net::SMTP.new
smtp.start('130.102.202.23')

But I get a "Connection refused - connect(2)".

The SMTP port on our email server is 25 ( I have even tried specifying that)
and I have tried a bunch of different angles on this. ?I can connect using
Perl, Rebol, etc.

Does anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong?

Jamey Cribbs