--- Brian Candler <B.Candler / pobox.com> wrote:
> I can use 'setup' to create the empty environment, but how do I make
> sure
> all the other tests are performed in the right sequence? Should I
> just write
> this all as one big test method?

Hi Brian,

"The first rule of unit testing is, don't let tests depend on each
other.
The second rule of unit testing is, don't let tests depend on each
other."
;-)

You could write them in one big method. But if it is at all possible,
try to create some kind of mock-object that fakes the behaviour of the
environment. (Even if this involves changing the design of the
application or the environment it is probably worth it).

The one-big-test way can work nicely too to find bugs, but it's not
really unit testing, so that's why the unit testing tools won't really
fit the problem.

/Anders

=====
Anders Bengtsson              ndrsbngtssn / yahoo.se
Stockholm, Sweden

Gfe i k och fdin sajt vderad pnolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer p http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html