----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Strandgaard" <0bz63fz3m1qt3001 / sneakemail.com>
Newsgroups: comp.lang.ruby
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2003 5:40 AM
Subject: Re: RCR for child execution

> I think this feature fairly easy can be added to Ruby and that all
> we have covered most of issues about how it should be done.
> The only thing left is the discussion: should it be done ???

There must be a language barrier here.

You are saying it is fairly easy, and Brian
is saying it is impossible. (I.e., all four
constraints together == impossible unless
you want to change the way Unix has worked
for three decades.)

I thought Matz's idea was a good one, but it
violates constraint 4.

Ruby is not going to undergo violent changes
in this way, nor is Unix.

Time to change your premises or accept the
conclusion that comes from them. You can't
keep the premises and reject the conclusion.

Cheers,
Hal