Hi,

In message "Re: Ruby OO? sin method? puts method? @@?"
    on 03/05/13, KONTRA Gergely <kgergely / mlabdial.hit.bme.hu> writes:

|I write sin(0.5) but also abs(0.5)
|So I don't know why the difference, and why cannot a number tell it's
|sin. This is analogous to "asdf".length and the others...

The sin function in your math textbook was described

 sin(x)

right?  So I chose sin(x).  I honor tradition.  In my textbook,
absolute value notation was

  |x|

not a functional form, so I had no reason to choose functional style.

|Which approach uses ruby?
|IO.puts(what) or what.puts(IO=stdout) and why it is not consistent.
|The string displays itself, or the filehandle displays the string?

You put text to the console line, or you display text on the console;
both does make sense, doesn't it?  Ruby users seem to prefer "puts"
though.

							matz.