On Mon, 12 May 2003 19:41:04 +0000, Sam Griffith wrote:

> Using PostgreSQL include directory: /usr/local/pgsql/include
> Using PostgreSQL lib directory: /usr/local/pgsql/lib
> checking for PQsetdbLogin() in -lpq... no
> Could not find PostgreSQL libraries: Makefile not created

It cannot link with libpq.so... and this file exists in your lib
directory.  This should work!

Maybe your libpq.so is a symlink which points at nothing (broken)..
Try do a "ls -la" on the library and post the output.

I don't have postgres installed. But the output should be similar to this:
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root  wheel  13 22 Feb 01:57 libcrypt.so@ -> libcrypt.so.2

--
Simon Strandgaard