Saluton!

I am working on a German translation of the FAQ and came across some
issues:

> http://www.rubygarden.org/iowa/faqtotum

dysfunctional - empty page

Online: http://www.rubycentral.com/book/
Download: http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/downloads/book.html
Errata: http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/ruby/errata/errata.html

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=comp.lang.ruby

Better:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=comp.lang.ruby

> http://www.pragprog.com/ruby?RubyUserGroups

dysfunctional - 404

> PLEASE NOTE! Include quoted text from previous posts *BEFORE* your

Location for 'quoting FAQ' in German is
http://afaik.nimmich.org/usenet/faq/zitieren/ much better known as
http://learn.to/quote/ - an English version can be found at

Formatting issues miss one point: Line length.

One should use lines of less than 80 characters if that is possible
(URLs sometimes are longer). The ideal case is using lines less than
72 characters because some Newsreaders have problems with longer
lines (e.g. that run on IBM mainframes and use XEDIT to display
messages - that programm prepends all lines with a lenghty prefix
that leaves 72 characters only. One can switch that off using
'prefix off' but some people don't know that :-)

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
e-mails that do not contain plain text, are larger than 50 KiB, are
unsolicited, or contain binarys are ignored unless payment from your