Nathan Weston wrote:
> Oops, I forgot about @@var. However, that still doesn't do what I
> want. As another poster pointed out, changing @@var in the subclass
> changes it for the superclasses. Which is even more weird -- it means
> the behavior of a class can be changed simply by defining a subclass
> of it. If that is intentional, it seems like a rather odd design
> choice.

The whole point of class variables in most OO languages is to reveal
something common to all instances of the class, and that includes
instances of subclasses. I don't see any horrible difference between
creating a subclass modifying such a class as opposed to an instance of
a subclass doing the same.

So PoLS as relates to most wide-spread OO languages isn't what I'd label
an odd design choice :-)

--
(\[ Kent Dahl ]/)_    _~_    __[ http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~kentda/ ]___/~
 ))\_student_/((  \__d L b__/  NTNU - graduate engineering - 5. year  )