On Friday,  9 May 2003 at  7:07:36 +0900, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> [...]

Actually, what I am thinking about is how
to declare application state.
For example, if an app is run with a --verbose
or a --debug option, I want every object that
I instantiate to respond appropriately, including
threads and forks.

In addition, I think it is in bad taste to use
global variables. So I have been playing around
with constants and such. (I was comparing scope
between globals and constants when I discovered
this.)

So, I either have to relinquish my hesitation to use
global variables, or find a suitable alternative.

Do you have any suggestions?

--
Jim Freeze