In article <20030508011603F.maki / rubycolor.org>,
TAKAHASHI Masayoshi  <maki / rubycolor.org> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>This is a summary for last week on the ruby-dev mailing list.
>
>Matz posted the reasons why the development of rite
>is slow:
>
> * it's hard to maintain 1.6.

Wouldn't it be best if someone else (or multiple someone elses) took over
maintenance of the stable releases, thus freeing matz to work on rite?  I
think this is what they do in the Perl world; Larry doesn't have to worry
about maintaining Perl 5 stuff, others do that while Larry is working on
Perl 6.

> * specification of 1.8 is not freezed.

Is this related to the 'there are still some problems of 1.8:" section
below?

> * it's easy to change 1.8.

What does this mean?

> * there's concern about 1.9

What is the concern?

>And there are still some problems of 1.8:
>
> * Proc#yield  (Proc vs Block)
> * assinment to $stdin/$stdout/$stderr

Phil