On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:37:12PM +0900, Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> popen3 looks very interesting... transfering control in a
> grand-child-process outputting to somewhere else..
> I must admit I don't quite understand exactly what is going on.
> This is propably something like popen3 which I need.

From /usr/local/lib/ruby/1.6/open3.rb:

# Usage:
#       require "open3"
#
#       in, out, err = Open3.popen3('nroff -man')
#  or
#       include Open3
#       in, out, err = popen3('nroff -man')
#

It should do the job, but note that it's your responsibility to read from
'out' and 'err' simultaneously, which means having a thread for each (and
another one for supplying data on 'in' if you wish to do that as well; if
not, call in.close straight away)

Regards,

Brian.