Saluton!

* Chad Fowler <chadfowler / chadfowler.com>; 2003-05-03, 10:32 UTC:
>>* Chad Fowler <chadfowler / chadfowler.com>; 2003-05-02, 21:25 UTC:
>>> Does anyone know of a simple and at least somewhat cross-platform
>>> way to embed a <insert>WEB</insert> browser in a GUI with one of the
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Note that you did use XML, not HTML. HTML would be "<ins>WEB</ins>".

>> WHAT browser you are searching for?
>>
>> [X] web  browser (i.e. HTML rendering engine)
>>
>>     [ ] textual
>>     [X] graphical
>
> Good question.  I "checked" what I was looking for above in your
> nifty form.

If you would have checked 'textual' there would be the possibility to
embed lynx - available for most platforms.

The *ultimate* cross-platform solution would be an HTML rendering
library that comes as a Ruby extension. There is a lot of Free
Software HTML renderering libraries out there. It should be possible
to write Ruby bindings for one of them. The graphical output could be
done using Tk or any other toolkit that allows graphical output and
is capable of reading in mouse moves and clicks.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt
--
|  /""""\   e-mails that do not contain plain text, are larger than |
| / STOP \  50 KiB, are unsolicited, or contain binarys are ignored |