On Sat, May 03, 2003 at 05:28:48AM +0900, gabriele renzi wrote:
> il Sat, 3 May 2003 03:51:43 +0900, Sean Gilbertson <prell / cfl.rr.com>
> ha scritto::
>

> My text book says gethostbyname is bad and you should use
> gethostbyname_r to live happy with threads.

Your textbook is talking about OS (native) threads - which Ruby doesn't use
anyway.

(The _r functions don't use statically-allocated buffers, which could be
overwritten if two threads made the same call at the same time; instead they
write their results into space allocated by the caller)

Regards,

Brian.