Hello all,

	I'm new to this list, and to Ruby as well.  I have read the online
book "Programming Ruby: The Pragmatic Programmer's Guide" to the end of
the chapter on threads.

	I think Ruby is a great language, and I would love to use it, but for
one problem.  I am creating an FTP program to hone my Ruby skills,
using RubyCocoa as a platform.  Everything is working well so far,
except when I connect to an FTP server, all the threads hang.  I
remember reading in the book that this is something to be expected in
Ruby, as OS calls like this hang all threads when they dont return
immediately.  Obviously this is going to be a huge problem, as all the
benefits of multithreading are moot, when most of my threads will be
doing FTP transactions.  My question is: Have and subsequent versions
of Ruby remedied this problem?  I understand it is a symptom of how
Ruby works, but knowing that does not help me.  I have looked for
changelogs and such, with no luck so far.

Thanks,
	Sean