Hm, how about a static method in class Time, maybe Time.parse(pattern =
"<iso default>") with <iso default> replaced by the ISO default pattern
(something like "YYYY.MM...")?

Alternatively you could introduce a class TimeParser that is constructed
with a pattern and can create Time instances from given strings.

Maybe even a combination of both would be good: use TimeParser in the static
method and provide this class for more control, such as dailight saving
switch, a fixed offset to every parsed time etc.

What do others think?

    robert

"Shashank Date" <sdate / everestkc.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:483e0ce751bc0580f1108dd59df946da / TeraNews...
> Are there any String to DateTime conversion functions out there ?
>
> Searched in RAA but did not get any ... which kind of surprised me:
surely,