Ollivier Robert <roberto / REMOVETHIS.eu.org> writes:

> In article <199h8R-1dU-00 / mail.jiubao.org>,
> KUBO Takehiro  <kubo / jiubao.org> wrote:
>>    http://www.jiubao.org/ruby-oci8/ruby-oci8-0.1.3.tar.gz
>
> Apart from changing two  into ' at line 106 of oraconf.rb, compiles
> and installs fine.

I'll fix it next release.

> Now, when I try to read a BLOB -- inserted in the DB by another program --
> I get uninitialized BLOB  (see below).

Could your another program read a BLOB?
ruby-oci8 raises 'uninitialized BLOB' when OCI8::BLOB#available? is
false. OCI8::BLOB#available? is OCILobLocatorIsInit() in C. I don't
know the portable ways to check whether the BLOB column is initialized
or not. I would read the document of LOB at the next weekend.

--
KUBO Takehiro