On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 at 19:35 GMT, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Remember: objects equal data + operations. Two objects have different
> types if they differ in either.

True (my OO-hat is a little dusty ...).

> Also remember, their may be a subclassing or delegation interface
> between the mutable and immutable interfaces; there's nothing to say
> that you have to duplicate information.

Yes, now I see what it could be like (using either subclassing or
delegation). Thanks.

Just out of curiosity: would you comment on the two alternative designs
I mentioned in my previous reply ? (It is rather appropriate that the
LotY should be Haskel.)

Greetings,
Simon

PS: Since this is our first mail exchange I figure I am entitled to a
    short I-read-your-books-and-loved-them-,-thanks-for-everything
    statement :)

--
There are 10 types of people in the world...