On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 14:13:10 +0900, ahoward wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Apr 2003, Austin Ziegler wrote:
>> I'm doing something that required RLE, and the code that I
>> translated from Perl to do this included the following regexp:
>>
>> /^(.*?)((.)\2{2,127})(.*?)$/ois
>
> austin - are you sure this works? it's odd because

>> /^(.*?)((.)\2{2,127})(.*?)$/ois
> to me this seems to say, "the second match shall be composed of a
> single char followed 2 to 127 of the second match." in otherwords,
> it would seem to be recursive.

No, in fact, I wasn't sure if it worked or not. It was what I found
in the Perl library I was using. I'm supposing that little, if any,
testing was done on the RunLength encoding filter provided, since
that's what was in there. Oh well. Time to file a bug report (:

-austin
-- Austin Ziegler, austin / halostatue.ca on 2003.04.30 at 10:29:07