Steve Tuckner wrote:

> Thanks Curt for those pointers. My debugger now functions (hurrah!)...but
>
> When I start the debugger I get displayed over an over
>
> FXRuby.cpp:647: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.
>
> The debugger works however. Except that I can't set breakpoints.
> Clicking on
> the breakpoint button did nothing.

My fault here -- there are actually two plugins that need autoload set to
true:

 	.../freeride/plugins/rubyide_tools_debugger/plugin.yaml
 	.../freeride/plugins/rubyide_tools_fox_debugger/plugin.yaml

Also, please note that debugger only works under Linux, we are still
struggling to get it working under Windows.

> So...I thought maybe my version of FXRuby needed to be updated. My version
> was 1.0.19 and the current is 1.0.22. I got 1.0.22 and tried to follow the
> instructions from Lyle to build it with FXScintilla support (see below):
>
>   3. Type 'ruby install.rb config [... options ...]'
>      to configure the build, and be *sure* to pass in the
>      '--with-fxscintilla-include' and '--with-fxscintilla-lib'
>      options.
>
> However I am doing something wrong, because when I type:
>
>    ruby install.rb config --with-fxscintilla-include
> --with-fxscintilla-lib
>
> and it says that those are invalid options.
>
> I am now stuck because I did build and install 1.0.22 without the fx
> scintilla options and so free ride no longer runs.
>
> HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Try:
  ruby install.rb config -- \
	--with-fxscintilla-include=/usr/local/include/fxscintilla \
	--with-fxscintilla-lib=/usr/local/lib

Curt