Thanks Curt for those pointers. My debugger now functions (hurrah!)...but

When I start the debugger I get displayed over an over

FXRuby.cpp:647: FXASSERT(FALSE) failed.

The debugger works however. Except that I can't set breakpoints. Clicking on
the breakpoint button did nothing.

So...I thought maybe my version of FXRuby needed to be updated. My version
was 1.0.19 and the current is 1.0.22. I got 1.0.22 and tried to follow the
instructions from Lyle to build it with FXScintilla support (see below):

  3. Type 'ruby install.rb config [... options ...]'
     to configure the build, and be *sure* to pass in the
     '--with-fxscintilla-include' and '--with-fxscintilla-lib'
     options.

However I am doing something wrong, because when I type:

   ruby install.rb config --with-fxscintilla-include --with-fxscintilla-lib

and it says that those are invalid options.

I am now stuck because I did build and install 1.0.22 without the fx
scintilla options and so free ride no longer runs.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!

Steve Tuckner