Thanks very much for the MSDN link whoever sent it! I accidentally deleted your
original message, but I did get the link.  :-)

I've been able to do this:

########
require 'win32ole'

ie = WIN32OLE.new('InternetExplorer.Application')
ie.visible = true

ie.gohome

ie.Navigate("http://google.com")
######################################

But now I would like to be able to get/set the value in the google search text
box. Can anyone show me how to do this?
I've been digging through the MSDN stuff, but I'm afraid I'm in a bit over my
head here.  :-(

Would I need to somehow query IE to find out what text objects were on the
form? And then set them to the value I want? How would I then press the Search
button, or fire that event?

Christopher J. Meisenzahl CPS, CSTE
Managing Consultant - Software Testing
Spherion Technology