On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 11:20:56AM +0900, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> 'yield semantics' is assignment between block parameters and yield
> arguments, so that
>
>   |a| given 1 argument x works as a = x
>   |a| given 2 arguments x, y works as a = x, y
>
> That's because block parameters are originally loop variables.

Ah, right. So if you were to change that, you'd probably also have to get
rid of
        a = x, y

Personally I would always write

        a = [x, y]

if I wanted to do that, as it makes the intention clearer; or there's always

       *a = x, y

I hardly ever use parallel assignments though, so it's hard for me to say
how it would affect things.

Cheers,

Brian.