> Well...  if you don't know what a DLL is, how do you you want one? :)

"I felt that it should be possible to create a DLL that sits between the
Half-Life engine and the MOD and pass function calls from one to the other."
(Quote taken from Botmans HPB_bot_src_2_1 found at:
http://www.planethalflife.com/botman/downloads.shtml)
(Botman is considered one of the founding 'bot' creators for HL)

In the end that's how he does it - with a DLL.

> I'm confused.  Why do you want to make a DLL out of a Ruby program again?

I don't want to learn C.
I know enough of OCaml, but there isn't great support for DLL generation.
(I might have missed what little exists)
I love Ruby.
I want to create a Bot.
I thought I'd try to bring the two together... oh well, no worries! :-)

> What makes you think that you want to make a DLL?  How does that relate
> Half-Life?

See previous question... and add that if it were known that a bot was
written in Ruby...
... and the bot were written for HL/CS... (CS has more servers running than
all of the
other online FPS games _combined_ ... )

I'm just trying to spread the good word and have some fun at the same time!
:-)

No worries if I can't do it - I just thought I'd ask.

Thanks anyway!

-Rich