On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 07:04:43 +0900
Matt Lawrence <matt / black-bart.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Ryan Pavlik wrote:
>
> > If you can hang on for a day or so, I'll release Mephle on Monday.
> > I just added the ability to write non-networked apps a few nights ago,
> > along with a SQLite storage driver.
>
> Well, it sounds a bit complex, but I can certainly wait.  The big thing I
> want is to be able to say something like 'arr.push "foo"' and it will be
> persistant.

It's actually built to be easy.  It's somewhat sophisticated, but I
hate doing things manually the computer can do for me---so I try to
make things simple.

It will do exactly what you ask there:

    arr  = Array.new_on(:vol)
    arr << "foo"

And 'arr' magically persists.  Of course, you'll need some way to
retrieve it next time your program runs, but there are SQL indices
and the virtual path system to help there.

later,

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpav / users.sf.net>

"These monkeys of which you speak... are they mentally
 deficient by human or monkey standards?" - 8BT