On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, gabriele renzi wrote:

> I suppose that this is a work for persistence/prevalence layers, but I
> don't think thay would actually save *each* change.
>
> But it seem to me that working this way you'll have too many atomic
> writings, and you'll loose in performance.

Not a problem with this application.

> The Madeleine/prevayler approach  should be to save the state of the
> application space with predefined time slices, while the persistence
> layer approach should be about using save/retrieve methods, so you'll
> just have to add a obj.save the way you'll use  Marshal(obj,io).

I don't really want to save the application space.

> Possibly this performance/fault_tolerance problem is the same of the
> sync/async writing in filesystems, and a middle-way approach a-la
> Madeleine could be , imho, a good thing

Not for these applications.  Simple is very important.  All I want to do
is to declare an object as persistant once and then have it 'just work'.
Each of the programs I'm writing are only a few hundred lines long and I
want to keep them that short for maintainability reasons.

-- Matt