Ok, I've been looking at Marshal, PStore, Madelaine and mnemonic.  None of
them seem to provide the simple and transparent mechanism that I'm looking
for.

I'd like to be able to do something like:

	arr = PersistantArray.use("<filename>")
	hash = PersistentHash.use("<filename>")

Where <filename> is the name of the file to read and write data from and
the resulting object has all of the methods of Array or Hash and all
changes to the Array of Hash are automatically stored.  This would make if
much easier to restart programs that fail because of network or other
errors.

It's quite possible that these capabilities already exist and I just don't
know about them, I am quite a newbie at this wonderful language.  I
wouldn't even try to do this with Perl.

-- Matt