On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 09:54:19AM +0900, nobu.nokada / softhome.net wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:44:26 +0900,
> Brian Candler wrote:
> > I expect it would be too radical to suggest that a different symbol be used
> > for case (1), grouping arguments - e.g.  sin |a| + b
>
> You can use begin..end instead, always no ambiguities :).
>
>   sin begin a end + b

Hmm, that's new to me... but I don't think that's argument grouping, as it
doesn't work for methods which take multiple parameters:

  puts begin "hello","world" end  #>> syntax error

So it must be for expression grouping. In that case we could give
parentheses to the mathematicians for argument lists:
     sin(a) + b

and use begin/end everywhere else:

     puts begin "hello"+"world" end . size

     puts begin a+b end . abs