gotoken / math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp (GOTO Kentaro) wrote:
> >hmmmmm. I agree that we can write docuemnt without separator, but
> >separator is useful. For example, when I write several classes in one=

> >page, I'd like to use separator.
> =

> I think this problem depends on HTML. And I've never seen horizontal
> line delimited TeX or Roff document. So, I won't vote for separater. =

OK. When we do need separator, discuss it again. I drop this
proposal.

> However, cle's requiest as follows is also reasonable and I agree it:
(snip)
> >	- May I propose to have a `rd2man' in future?

Yes, I'd like to use it :-)

> >	- The latex section seems to numerate sections beginning with
> >	  `=3D=3D=B4 with 0, if there was no `=3D =B4 section before. I thin=
k, if
> >	  there is no `=3D ' section, it should silently be cut down one
> >	  level. So the first occurence of `=3D=3D ' should become `1.' but
> >	  not `0.1'. That should also be valid, if I would have a `=3D=3D=3D=
 '
> >	  section as highest level in my doc.
> >
> >	  That means, the highest level in a RD doc should be regarded
> >	  as level one in a Latex doc!

... It may be good in LaTeX, but what do we regard it in HTML??

# I write little docuemnt in LaTeX, so I cannot tell which is better
# in LaTeX.

For expamle, sample text in [ruby-talk:00688],

=3Dbegin
=3D=3D=3D First Headline
Some text ...
=3D=3D=3D=3D subsection of First Headline
Some text ...
=3D=3D=3D Second Headline
=3Dend

is converted into:

<h1>First Headline
<h2> subsection of First Headline
<h1> Second Headline

It's OK? or in HTML, `=3D=3D=3D' is always <H3> ?

# as you know, rdtool-0.2.1 is latter.

TAKAHASHI Masayoshi (maki / inac.co.jp)