On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:40:47 +0900
dblack / superlink.net wrote:

> Hi --
>
> On Fri, 25 Apr 2003, Ryan Pavlik wrote:

<snip>
> > Would it not be more useful to adopt the definiton of
> > Enumerable#each_with_index where the index given is such that e[i] == o
> > for any given Enumerable?
>
> One problem I see is: how could you implement this, in Enumerable, in
> terms of #each?

<snip>

I don't see why there must exist a default implementation in
Enumerable...  this is a good example of why.  I personally have no
preference as to whether it has a new name or not, but I'm guessing
there's little choice since likely a good deal of code already exists
that relies on the current behavior.

--
Ryan Pavlik <rpav / users.sf.net>

"Now is not the time for sarcasm! Now is the time
 for nefarious action." - 8BT