haldane [mailto:jbshaldane / hotmail.com] wrote:

> Is it me, or is this a Test::Unit bug?
>
> $ cat atest.rb
> require 'test/unit'
>
> class ATest < Test::Unit::TestCase
>   def test_1
>     thread = Thread.new {
>       flunk()
>     }
>     thread.join
>   end
> end
> $ ruby atest.rb

<snip error>

First of all, Stephen, I'm sorry for not replying to your direct mail to
me about this problem. Life is busy and all that... :-/

At this point I'm not sure what's wrong, and I haven't had a chance to
dig in to it. You should know that I have done absolutely nothing in the
way of testing the use of Test::Unit with threads, so this could just be
a display of its inherent lack of thread safety. Does anyone else have
experience with doing thread stuff with Test::Unit?

I probably won't have time to address this real soon, but I will add it
to the to-do list. Of course, if someone were to investigate and figure
out what the problem was, I'd patch things ASAP ;-)

Thanks,

Nathaniel

<:((><
+ - -