----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave Thomas" <dave / pragprog.com>

Chris:

FWIW, I understand that :)
----------------------------

I know; I learned it from you.  :)  Your words carry a lot of weight around
here, but that email had so few, I was worried that it might not be clear to
someone else what you were saying.  I thought (and was right) that you were
saying "there *is* a relationship between Object and Class, but you still
should not include that arrow".  I wasn't sure that was clear from your
brief post.

A suggestion for this thread: I don't think you even need to consider
"kind_of?" style relationships for the main diagram. The main diagram is
all about superclasses (direct and implicit via 'include'). Keep it
simple that way.

Amen!  So no arrow from Object to Class, and all arrows the same color.
(And File points to IO.)

Chris