On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 18:16, Hal E. Fulton wrote:
> Maybe I should just reverse the arrowheads? On the other
> hand, the only other red arrow is IO --> File. Maybe I
> could reverse that one instead. :)

UML uses the convention that any arrow will point in the direction of a
dependency.  So A->B implies that A depends on B (in some way).  As
Chris points out, there are many different kinds of dependencies
(represented in UML as different kinds of arrows, e.g. open arrowhead,
dashed lines).

Following this convention, we would have  ...
   File -> IO
   Array -> Enumerable
   etc

Of course, your diagram isn't UML, but the convention is a good one to
follow.