----- Original Message -----
From: "Mauricio Fern?ndez" <batsman.geo / yahoo.com>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org>
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [ANN] Ruby.shop

> I'd like the following to appear somewhere:
>
>     /*
>      * Ruby's Class Hierarchy Chart
>      *
>      *                           +------------------+
>      *                           |                  |
>      *             Object---->(Object)              |
>      *              ^  ^        ^  ^                |
>      *              |  |        |  |                |
>      *              |  |  +-----+  +---------+      |
>      *              |  |  |                  |      |
>      *              |  +-----------+         |      |
>      *              |     |        |         |      |
>      *       +------+     |     Module--->(Module)  |
>      *       |            |        ^         ^      |
>      *  OtherClass-->(OtherClass)  |         |      |
>      *                             |         |      |
>      *                           Class---->(Class)  |
>      *                             ^                |
>      *                             |                |
>      *                             +----------------+
>      *
>      *   + All metaclasses are instances of the class `Class'.
>      */
>

> Note that if I read this right Object doesn't inherit Class but
> extends it, as if we had
> Object.extend Class
> which of course doesn't work since Class.class != Module.
>
> I thus believe the loop at the top of the poster is just wrong.

Hmm, OK. It may be wrong according to the interpretation I
gave earlier. But the arrows in this ASCII chart are the
same as the ones in my drawing. True?

Maybe I should just reverse the arrowheads? On the other
hand, the only other red arrow is IO --> File. Maybe I
could reverse that one instead. :)

Anyway, my drawing is buggy. All insights appreciated.

Hal