------extPart_000_0018_01C30950.4BC60C50

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to Ruby, I generally work in Python. I am wanting to try writing a simple little chat server in it. The problem is, I'm trying to find something in ruby similar to the select() function in C/Python that returns a list of readable/writeable/error sockets, but I can't seem to find one.

Am I being completely dense and missing something obvious? I'll be the first to admit I'm not a very good programmer, so thats entirely possible. I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a reference to it, or even a complete chat server program.

Thanks,
Kuros

------extPart_000_0018_01C30950.4BC60C50

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Hi Everyone,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>I'm very new to Ruby, I generally work in Python. I
am wanting to try writing a simple little chat server in it. The problem is, I'm
trying to find something in ruby similar to the select() function in C/Python
that returns a list of readable/writeable/error sockets, but I can't seem to
find one.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Am I being completely dense and missing something
obvious? I'll be the first to admit I'm not a very good programmer, so thats
entirely possible. I would appreciate it if someone could point me to a
reference to it, or even a complete chat server program.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2>Kuros</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------extPart_000_0018_01C30950.4BC60C50--