On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Simon Vandemoortele wrote:

> > but i don't recall a nice clean solution.
>
> neither do I; let us know about your findings on this one if you please.
>
> Thx,
> Simon
>
> PS: What about a YAML config file ? Doesn't that come close to the kind
>     of flexibility we are looking for ? You can't write loops or control
>     statements but you could put codeblocks in there couldn't you ???

i'm looking at exactly this.  the thing is, i have no need to share data
between ruby, perl, etc but DO have a need to have configurable Proc objects
so YAML seems a bit too general for me.  this topic certainly sparks interest
- it sure seems like ruby could use the equivalent of

  #include "config.rb"

for inlining pure ruby configuration files.

  though

    load "config.rb", Module

  comes close

if i don't hack something together myself i'm sure i will use YAML - it looks
really nice.

  -a

--