On Tuesday, 22 April 2003 at  2:20:08 +0900, Chad Fowler wrote:
> Maybe this has already been covered here, but I found it interesting that Cem Kaner is using Ruby in a software testing course at the Florida Institute of Technology.  (I'm guessing this is due to some influence that Brian Marick had on him).
>
> He describes the final exam for his Software Testing 2 course, and 25% of the grade is to develop a Ruby program using test driven development.
>
> http://blackbox.cs.fit.edu/blog/kaner/archives/2003_04.html
>
> Anyone know of other cases where Ruby is showing up in schools?

I am teaching OO using Ruby at my work. We are treating it like an in-house
university course. All who pass will get a certificate of completion.

The class is one hour, two days a week for 13 weeks (2nd qtr),
for a total of 26 hrs class time. We assign homework that I
create and readings from "Teach Yourself Ruby in 21 Days".

After the Unit Test lesson (#3) all coding homework is test-case driven.
Makes it easy to grade functionality and is an excellent
communicator to the students of the requirements.

--
Jim Freeze