Saluton!

* Brian Candler <B.Candler / pobox.com>; 2003-04-17, 12:48 UTC:
> Using lynx to convert HTML to formatted ASCII is a good solution
> for the job (I have mutt configured to use it for this purpose),
> although it doesn't do a good job of rendering tables.

I use two alternatives for that purpose. The default one is
vilistextum. Let me quote the author:

"vilistextum is a html to ascii converter specifically programmed to
 get the best out of incorrect html."

As a rule of thumb any 'HTML' in an e-mails can be assumed to be
invalid. Main advantage: It is very small and fast (i86 binary is
around 30 K).

If vilistextum is not enough I use w3m (using mutt's pipe feature).
w3m does frames and tables, etc.

For mailers that run in Emacs, w3m-emacs is a good choice.

Gis,

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt