d> and use this block in my c-routines (in my dll).
d> And I need the block in another function!

 Well there are 2 possibilities

  * the 2 functions are ruby method : in this case, this is just my
    previous example. You store the block in an instance variable when
    rPAInit is called and then call it in the second method

  * only rPAInit is a ruby method, the second function is just a C method
    called. In this case you use a thread local variable.
    rPAInit() store the block (rb_thread_local_aset()) and the second
    function retrieve it (rb_thread_local_aref()) and call it

Guy Decoux