In article <E0ECBA30-6F84-11D7-A131-000A95676A62 / pragprog.com>,
Dave Thomas  <dave / pragprog.com> wrote:
> In addition, spammers seem to be getting wise to SpamAssassin: I'm
> seeing more and more e-mail get through (both personally and in the
> mail-news gateway). I was on the point of reducing the threshold a bit
> to see if it made things better. Does anyone have any experience to
> share here?

Are you using the Bayesian filter from SA?  Properly trained, a Bayesian
filter (like bmf[1] or bogofilter[2]) are more effective than regexp based
modules like SA. Less false positive even though some spam do get through.

I've yet to see a false positive with bogofilter in 8 months.
--
Ollivier ROBERT   -=- Eurocontrol EEC/ITM -=-   roberto / eurocontrol.fr
Usenet Canal Historique                   FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!