On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 6:27 am, Dave Thomas wrote:
> In addition, spammers seem to be getting wise to SpamAssassin: I'm
> seeing more and more e-mail get through (both personally and in the
> mail-news gateway). I was on the point of reducing the threshold a bit
> to see if it made things better. Does anyone have any experience to
> share here?

I've found the same thing recently; that SpamAssassin's effectiveness has
reduced; I tried lowering the threshold, but that increased the number of
false positives to an unacceptable level. I'm still deciding what to do next;
the Ruby-based Bayesian filter bsproc seems to be quite effective given my
initial tests, but I'm still looking at the problem. Unfortunately my spam
corpus is fairly small (since I tend not to keep my spam) and so I've had the
somewhat odd experience of searching Google for a collection of spam I can
download.

Tim Bates
--
tim / bates.id.au